The Final Post

          As the final weeks of the spring semester are wrapping up, I can say that I definitely learned valuable lessons in the technology world through this class. Each week, we explored the digital world in unique ways, whether it was discovering the many uses of Google, researching apps that we would use for app smackdown in class, using presentation tools for projects later down the road, or the importance of your digital footprint. In the beginning of the semester, we set up a Twitter account for ourselves, so we could set up and develop a Personal Learning Network throughout the semester. Throughout the semester, we should have developed the PLN and been active on it by tweeting, retweeting, and posting articles to develop our PLN, with the goal of connecting worldwide with passionate individuals and professionals in your intended field.
Each week, we would also blog about what we did in class, and include readings from live binders and chapters from our books.
Throughout the semester, we had homework assignments each week along with a couple of big projects. We had three app smackdowns, which entailed picking an application on your smart device within your intended major and presenting that app in front of the class for 2-3 minutes. Each app smackdown had to be a different app you were presenting, which made it more exciting each time. I enjoyed seeing everyone's app smackdown each time, because you never know what apps are out there because there are so many. Because of app smackdown, I discovered a couple of new apps I have started using on my own for video and photography editing. I now use Filmmaker Pro for video editing apps, especially GoPro videos I edit together in my free time.
As a midterm project, we had to research an instance where an educator or professional has posted something or been posted about via social media and it has had a drastic negative impact on their personal or professional life. I did my project on a local superintendent of Barnegat Regional High School, who I had no idea was getting fired for posting controversial matter on Facebook. Because of this project, I was also educated on a local incident I may never have come across if I was not required to do this project.
For the final project, we are creating a website to showcase all of the work we have done throughout the semester. After all, some of us did put in hard work this semester. So, what better way to showcase work to professionals? This site will showcase both accomplishments in class and outside. This should will be a resource to share for a possible job interview or internship, hopefully.
For the most part, I enjoyed this class, and I am glad I took this class. I learned valuable information that I can carry with me in my professional career, which I can not say about really many or any of my college classes just yet. Thank you for this opportunity in this class.

Comments

Popular Posts